Monday, February 10, 2014

Muchachito Bombo Infierno



I would rather not count on how much money I've "wasted" on CDs. On the other hand, I have at least supported most of the artists I'm listening to. So, why not write a little bit about some of them?


Going to Spain I could probably written a lot about the voice of Marcos Cao in the pop/rock group of "La Sonrisa de Julia" (Julia's Smile), but the most infectious band I have fallen in love with must be "Muchachito Bombo Infierno". This big group of musicians (including a groovy brass line-up) are from Barcelona, and is fronted by Muchachito (aka Jairo Perera). I have no way of describing the musical style of this band, but maybe funky rumbarock'n'roll could be it? I really don't know. However, I wish I could have attended one of their concerts sometime before they are retiring. During the concerts they are joined by a painter who is making a different painting each time.

They are now three albums into their career, and as any other band they are starting to push the limit of the style they are playing, But so far it has been a joyride. Below you can listen to the song "SerĂ¡ Mejor" taken from a live DVD they released on their website some years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment